Hello world, WP Hosting has launched! After too much time thinking about it we finally have a presentable working website up and running. Welcome everybody!
In a nutshell: we sell the finest WordPress hosting here – check out what we’ve got on offer for you today.
We want to make it fun and easy for our customers to have a website. Headaches and hassle is best left to us, while you focus on your content.
The Launch of WP Hosting
Launching a new project is tough – it certainly is for me. Mentally taxing, physically exhausting, there never seem to be enough hours in one day to make it just perfect. But without a deadline, would things ever come to be?
We’ve got a rock solid hosting platform that we’e tested for months and I’m not going to bore you with the details. What we didn’t have is a sales platform, i.e. a dedicated website to show people what we can offer. This isn’t a one day job, so here’s a list of what we’ve done to accomplish this site as of today:
- get a good WordPress host (har har)
- pick a theme
- add content and tweak theme
- pick another theme (repeat these steps until happy)
- find the right shopping cart
- add products and prices
- tweak again and again, while writing content
- get a Campaign Manager
- get an office phone number
- adjust hundreds of web interfaces to work together (social networks and all)
- … and launch!
Over the coming months we’ll update you on our journey through cyber space. Just so that we don’t forget, here’s what we’re starting with:
Network Stats – December 2011
- Physical Servers: 8
- CPU Cores: 26
- System RAM: 47 GB
- Storage Space: 7.6 TB
- Bandwidth: LOADS
Right now we’re hosting 59 Domains.
Tomorrow morning our first press release goes out and we’re expecting a lot of traffic coming through. In case you’ve read the release, thanks for staying to read the small print 😉
I’d like to give a big shout out and say THANK YOU to all those kind souls without whom this project wouldn’t be possible. Here goes, in no particular order:
- Tips and Tricks HQ for those marvellous plugins we’re using
- Woo Themes for this incredible theme called Coffee Break
- The Hub at Kings Cross which we call our office
- Dirceau Vega for the lovely comic icons we use all over the place
- MailChimp for being our lovely campaign manager
- Special Thanks to the wonderful folks who bring us WordPress
All the best from us at Guru Towers,
JAY, JULIA, WOODY & The Ninjas