Back in the days when I had a physical copy of XIII, I never had that problem with the console versions of the game. There are only so many buttons to press on a controller, and there’s an in-game tutorial that tells you.
Surprisingly, the current GOG.com version comes with a manual, but it does not mention the keyboard layout. Neither did the original manual for the physical game if I remember correctly. When I wanted to map the PC kets to my controller using Xpadder, I quickly realised that aside from walking and basic shooting, I had no idea how to use the scope of the grappling hook.
I’ve compiled this handy list to remind me how it works for next time, might come in handy if you’re in the mood for some retro comic type FPS action:
- WASD keys – walk around, rather fast
- hold the left SHIFT key – in addition to WASD to walk slowly
- SPACE – Jump
- MOUSE – look around
- Left Mouse – Fire
- Right Mouse – Alternative Fire (like throw grenades, or stab with a knife)
- Q – use Quick Heal, i.e. take next available med kit
- E – Action (i.e. open doors, pick up items, etc)
- G – Throw hand grenade
- R – Reload Weapon
- Right ALT – use the Sniper Scope
- C – Crouch down (toggle between standing and crouching)
- Page UP / Page DOWN – cycle through weapons